Dental bridges are the best replacements for a series of missing teeth. For example, if you’re missing three or more teeth in a row, you can replace them with a single set of dental bridges. The fake teeth are known as “pontics” — they replace the missing teeth and are supported on both sides by dental crowns or dental implants, called “abutments”.
At Yorktown Dental Spa, we can examine your teeth and your requirements to discuss all of your dental bridge options. Please continue reading for a detailed discussion of dental bridges at Yorktown Dental Spa.
Dental Crowns and Bridges Procedure
The following are the steps involved in the dental bridge procedure:
- The dentist will inspect your teeth and identify which treatments are most suitable for you.
- The dentist will take exact impressions of your teeth so they can prepare a set of dental bridges that accurately resemble your teeth and send the mold to the laboratory so they can prepare a set of dental bridges for you.
- If you choose a traditional or cantilever dental bridge, the dentist will have to prepare your teeth by shaving off the surrounding teeth so they can receive the dental crowns.
- If you choose a dental implant bridge, the dentist will examine if you have enough bone structure for implants. If so, they’ll screw titanium implants into the jawbone of the missing teeth.
- For traditional or cantilever dental bridges, the dentist will place the bridge in place, anchored by the crowns on either side.
- For dental implant bridges, you’ll have to wait for several months so your jawbone can heal before you get the dental bridge.
One of the best dentists in town! Highly recommend place for any dental treatments. Dr.Chung takes care of the patient very well and addresses the patient’s concerns. Very friendly staff and environment!
Doctor Chung is very good at what she does. She is very gentle and careful when working on her patients. Dr. Chung is very caring and she will always make sure you are comfortable in her practice.
Dr. Chung and her staff are excellent and make the entire process feel easy and comfortable. The office is also very clean and well maintained. Highly recommend!
Dr. Chung is incredible! I have gotten my wisdom teeth removed from her and she made the entire process go so smoothly! I highly recommend paying a visit to her!
Highly recommended! This was one of the best dental experiences I have had! Dr. Chung was so nice and professional. The office was super cute and clean as well.
Had my son’s teeth cleaned this Friday and cannot be more impressed by the results. Dr. Chung was so kind to him, explained everything happening and perfect results. I would highly recommend her!
Definitely Recommend!!! Dr. Chung is the best dentist i have met in Houston. She is really careful and makes sure you’re comfortable. Fantastic results , great staff and great location. You can’t go wrong here.
Dental Bridges Q&A
What is the best material for dental bridge?
Porcelain is widely considered to be the best material for dental bridges because they’re extremely strong and they look just like real teeth. Porcelain has a texture that closely resembles that of enamel and it also reflects light similarly.
What metal is used for dental bridges?
The metal used for dental bridges is generally an alloy of metals like chromium, cobalt, palladium, gold, and silver.
How is a bridge attached to teeth?
A dental bridge is attached with the help of abutment or anchoring teeth on either side of the bridge made of dental crowns or dental implants.
How long after extraction can a bridge be fitted?
After tooth extraction, you have to wait for about five to six months for your gums to stabilize before getting a dental bridge. In the meantime, however, you can wear a temporary bridge.
Are dental bridges removable?
Dental bridges are generally fixed in place but they may also be removable, which is the case in maryland dental bridges.
Affordable Dental Bridges Near Me
At Yorktown Dental Spa, we have some of the best restorative dentists who examine your teeth and provide the best dental bridges for your needs. Located in 5373 W Alabama St #118, Houston, TX, our clinic is just three blocks down from The Galleria, making it highly accessible for everyone. For more information, please schedule your dental bridges appointment today.