At Yorktown Dental Spa, we provide a wide range of dental services across all the fields of dentistry, including general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics, restorative dentistry, and dental surgeries.
With our general dentistry services, you and your family can ensure that you maintain optimal oral health and keep all dental diseases at bay. With our cosmetic dentistry services, you can enhance the aesthetic appeal of your smile, which can also improve your general sense of self and confidence. With our restorative dentistry services, we can help you replace your missing teeth or fix fractured and broken teeth.
Please continue reading for a brief overview of all the dental services available at Yorktown Dental Spa.
- Preventative Dentistry: These are services that help you avoid dental diseases and issues through regular checkups and maintenance such as teeth cleaning, visual inspection, scaling, and other such maintenance procedures.
- Teeth Cleaning: Teeth cleaning is a procedure in which the dentist uses special tools to remove all the accumulated plaque and tartar from your teeth to help you avoid gum disease or cavities. You should go for professional teeth cleaning once every six months.
- Oral Cancer Screening: This refers to a series of visual tests, physical tests, and screening tests with which the dentist looks for signs of oral cancer such as precancerous lesions, red and white patches, lumps, etc.
- Scaling & Root Planing: Scaling is a procedure in which the dentist scrapes off the accumulated plaque and tartar from your teeth and gum line. Root Planing is a procedure with which the dentist smoothen’s your tooth’s root and removes bacteria from your gum line so your gums can heal around your teeth. This is generally necessary if you have gum disease.
- Pediatric Dentistry: This refers to treatments geared towards children and teenagers who are going through issues like dental caries or complications arising during the transitory period between baby teeth and permanent teeth.
- Bruxism/Teeth Grinding: This is a condition in which you keep gnashing and clenching your teeth subconsciously either at night, during the day, or both. This may happen for various underlying physiological, psychological, or behavioral factors. We determine the root cause of bruxism and treat it accordingly. We also provide mouthguards to protect your teeth from damage inflicted by teeth grinding.
- Orthodontics: This is a branch of dentistry with the sole aim of straightening misaligned teeth or malocclusion. This includes the use of dental appliances — Invisalign clear aligners, braces, etc — that apply pressure on your teeth and gradually move them in the correct direction for alignment.
- Invisalign: This is one of the world’s best clear aligners or transparent trays that gently applies pressure on your teeth to move it in the desired direction over an extended period. They’re transparent so most people can’t see them.
- Teeth Whitening: This is a procedure with which the dentist applies a whitening gel to your teeth to remove all of the surface stains and brighten your teeth.
- Zoom In-Office: This is a special procedure in which the dentist applies Zoom whitening gel to your teeth and activates it using Zoom light. This is one of the best teeth whitening procedures and it brightens your teeth by several shades.
- At-Home Whitening: The dentist creates customized dental trays using your dental mold and gives you an extremely powerful whitening gel. You have to apply the whitening gel in the dental tray and wear it for several hours a day for a few weeks to brighten your smile. Avoid using over-the-counter whitening gels without consulting a dentist as they may be harmful to your gums or enamel.
- Dental Veneers: These are porcelain or composite resin wafers attached to the front surface of your teeth to hide deformities and anomalies. The dentist removes some of the surface enamel from your teeth to attach them.
- Gingivectomy: The dentist uses a scalpel or laser to remove some of the excess gingival tissues from around your teeth. This is done to either correct the damage caused by periodontitis or for cosmetic value.
- Lumineers: These are extremely thin dental veneers measuring only 2 millimeters so they can be bonded over the surface of your teeth without removing any of your existing enamel.
- Dental Crowns: These are crowns or caps fixed over your existing tooth after shaving it down to a small stub. They’re generally made of materials like gold, silver amalgam, porcelain-fused-to-metal, or ceramic.
- Dental Bridges: These are a series of fake teeth used to replace missing teeth. They’re supported on both sides by dental crowns or dental implants.
- Tooth Colored Fillings: Porcelain or composite resin materials used to fill up the cracks left by dental fractures or cavities. The material is applied in layers and hardened with a special light. Porcelain looks just like actual teeth because it has the same texture as enamel.
- Root Canals: This is a procedure in which the dentist drills into your tooth affected by dental decay and removes all of the pulp, blood vessels, and nerves. This is done to prevent a bacterial infection from spreading.
- Dentures & Partials: Dentures are dental appliances worn on your mouth to replace either some or all of your teeth. Full dentures are those in which the fake teeth are supported on a gum-colored acrylic base and they replace all of your teeth. Partials are dentures used to replace only some of your teeth in which the fake teeth are supported by the surrounding real teeth.
- Gum Disease: This is a condition in which the accumulated plaque and tartar leads to bacterial infection, which affects your teeth and gums. Gingivitis is the first stage of gum disease in which the gum disease only affects the gums and enamel. Periodontitis is the second stage of the disease when the infection spreads below the gum line. The dentist will have to treat gum disease with scaling, root planing, or other complex procedures, depending on how far the infection has spread.
- Bone Grafting: This is a procedure in which the dentist plants grafting material derived into the gum tissues of your missing tooth to facilitate bone regeneration. The bone grafting material may be derived from animals, other people, another part of your body, or synthetic materials. It’s done to facilitate bone regeneration so you can get dental implants.
- Guided Tissue Bone Regeneration: Guided tissue regeneration is the use of soft membranes to facilitate gingival growth if you’ve suffered from periodontitis. Guided bone regeneration is the use of bone grafting material to facilitate bone regeneration if you’ve suffered from bone loss caused by periodontitis or dental extraction.
- Osseous Surgery: This is a surgical procedure used to treat advanced periodontitis that’s spread into your bone tissues. The dentist removes infected bone tissues and reshapes the remaining tissues.
- Occlusal (Bite) Adjustment: Occlusal or bite adjustment is a procedure with which the dentist shaves off parts of your teeth using diamond or carbide burs so both sides of your jaws close evenly. Other types of occlusal adjustments include orthodontic procedures, splints, and mouth reconstruction.
- Ridge Preservation: Ridge preservation, also known as dental socket protection or a ridge augmentation, is a procedure in which the dentist plants grafting material into the gum tissues of a recently removed tooth. This is done to protect you from a dry socket and to preserve the bone tissues so you can get dental implants later.
One of the best dentists in town! Highly recommend place for any dental treatments. Dr.Chung takes care of the patient very well and addresses the patient’s concerns. Very friendly staff and environment!
Doctor Chung is very good at what she does. She is very gentle and careful when working on her patients. Dr. Chung is very caring and she will always make sure you are comfortable in her practice.
Dr. Chung and her staff are excellent and make the entire process feel easy and comfortable. The office is also very clean and well maintained. Highly recommend!
Dr. Chung is incredible! I have gotten my wisdom teeth removed from her and she made the entire process go so smoothly! I highly recommend paying a visit to her!
Highly recommended! This was one of the best dental experiences I have had! Dr. Chung was so nice and professional. The office was super cute and clean as well.
Had my son’s teeth cleaned this Friday and cannot be more impressed by the results. Dr. Chung was so kind to him, explained everything happening and perfect results. I would highly recommend her!
Definitely Recommend!!! Dr. Chung is the best dentist i have met in Houston. She is really careful and makes sure you’re comfortable. Fantastic results , great staff and great location. You can’t go wrong here.
Schedule your Appointment Today
Yorktown Dental Spa is one of the best dental clinics in Houston, TX, with some of the most qualified dentists in the nation. Located in 5373 W Alabama St #118, our dental clinic is only three blocks from The Galleria, making it highly accessible. For more information, please schedule your appointment today.